Thursday, March 17, 2011

Potpourri

1.       I need a new name for my blog, as neither my name nor this blog can still be considered “new.” Does anyone have suggestions? My only idea so far was “Outwit, Outplay, Outblog” but I think as a group we can come up with something better.

2.       Starting on March 19th, 2011, I am no longer a notary! This is a long-awaited day for me, and I was planning on having a party to celebrate it. But after further consideration I’ve opted against this. There’s so much to celebrate these days already that I think I’ll just throw this in with the Patrick’s Day/Bag’s birthday events. During my 4-year tenure as a representative of the state of Colorado, I’ve completed notarizations for over 200 people and made $0 doing so. I will not miss this responsibility.

3.       One of my favorite fantasy series, George RR Martin’s A Song of Ice & Fire, has turned into an HBO TV series! It’s airing on Sunday, April 17, 2011. Whether you’ve read the books or not, I recommend giving it a try. People have been describing it as “Sopranos with swords,” which I believe is a fairly accurate description. Plus, Sean Bean plays the lead, and who doesn’t like him?

4.       In other Ice & Fire news, George has officially announced the release date for his 5th book, A Dance with Dragons. This is (supposedly) the 5th book in a 7 book series, and is going to be his longest yet. I will quite probably start re-reading the series in preparation for the book release, but won’t start doing that until George actually announces that the book is complete.

5.       I thought I’d broken my toe on one of our cat-scratching posts this weekend. It turned a lovely deep purple & has now started making very artistic bruise patterns. However, it doesn’t hurt nearly as much as the other toes I’ve broken in the past, and so I now believe that it’s only a serious stub. Also stubbed my left baby toe on a curb in January. The toenail on that one has turned into a deep purple “nailscab.” I think it might fall off sometime in the next month. I’m very excited to see how this develops!

6.       While the toes seem to be doing okay, I caught a hard throw in softball last night right on a finger joint. Again, not broken, but the finger is now twice as large as it’s supposed to be and I can’t bend it or put any pressure on it. Hopefully it’ll feel better by next week’s game!

5 comments:

courtney said...

speaking of toes...........KYRIE IRVING IS BAAAAAAAAAAACCCKKK!!!!

:)

TheGraveWolf said...

1. Saggy Bottom Blogging? Posts on Probst? Surviving Phillip?

2. Congrats! What is your best notary story? Or should I say, your most notorious?

3-4. Excited to watch the series on TV but I have my doubts as to whether A Song of Ice and Fire will ever be completed. I hope DwD is better than Feast for Crows.

5. The armadillo was actually not so thrilled about that part.

6. It was fun to be back on the field with you! =)

Michal Greenberg said...

LOL!!! Possibly my favorite notary moment was when I came out to notarize something and the student was just plain shocked that I wasn't a 70+ year old lady. He thought being a notary was something only old people did. For the most part though there are no interesting notary stories, I think having fun while being a notary is illegal.

courtney said...

hahaha, saggy bottom blog!!! love it :)


also love that husband and wife are having this convo via internet :)

Margot said...

You need to take better care of your digits!