Thursday, October 4, 2018

Survivor DG: Episode 2

Game on! I'm a little short on time today so here's my notes on the players' performance last night:

Impressed by:

  • Davie - well done sir, thanks for nabbing that immunity idol while embracing your "provider" role
  • Gabby - for being assertive in your game play, which I was worried about
  • Alec - more than just a bro, perhaps?
  • Jeremy - he was getting into it this episode, trying to build relationships, etc. Keep it up!
Not impressed by:
  • Bi - she met my expectations in game play, though I'd hoped she'd be a little stronger in challenges
  • Dan - might be even dumber than I'd thought
  • Christian - I know it seems like he's in the driver's seat but I'm just not sure he's got the proper motivation right now. I think he's delighted by the prospects of game play, but I'm not seeing the determination to win a million dollars that is often necessary to back-stab your besties to get there. 

The Teams:
Moon & Melissa "#Vytas" - 20 points
  • John (5 pts)
  • Gabby (0 pts)
  • John (5 pts)
  • Mike (5 pts)
  • Mike (5 pts)
  • Nick (0 pts)
Michal & Ben "Get Out" - 20 points
  • Natalia (5 pts)
  • Davie (5 pts)
  • Angelina (5 pts)
  • Carl (0 pts)
  • Jeremy (5 pts)
  • Carl (0 pts)
Bag & Andrea "My team is actually good" - 20 points
  • Christian (0 pts)
  • Dan (5 pts)
  • Davie (5 pts)
  • Alec (5 pts)
  • Kara (5 pts)
  • Elizabeth (0 pts)
Phil "Missed the draft, but I bet he cooked something amazing" - 15 points
  • Angelina (5 pts)
  • Alec (5 pts)
  • Alison (5 pts)
  • Jessica (-5 pts)
  • Nick (0 pts)
  • Jeremy (5 pts)
Doug & Bri "Maybe I can't drive, but at least I can draft" - 10 points
  • Christian (0 pts)
  • Dan (5 pts)
  • Alison (5 pts)
  • Bi (0 pts)
  • Bi (0 pts)
  • Elizabeth (0 pts)
Eric "I have no idea what I'm doing" - 5 points
  • Natalia (5 pts)
  • Gabby (0 pts)
  • Jessica (-5 pts)
  • Kara (5 pts)
  • Lyrsa (0 pts)
  • Lyrsa (0 pts)
Natalie "The Greatest Dreg This Game Has Ever Seen... Now Get Back to Work!" - 8 points
  • Natalie (4 pts)
  • Natalie (4 pts)

Power Rankings:
  1. Phil: I'm going to rocket Phil's team up to first place after an impressive episode from Jeremy, what's looking like a decent alliance between Christian and Nick, and Alec seeming more substantial than I initially gave him credit for.
  2. Bagdrea: Dan may end up being this team's downfall with the showmance double-down going on here. Collateral damage is very real in these circumstances, which is such a shame. But I still think this is a well-rounded team with a lot of potential.
  3. Michal: Davie was great but he & Carl found themselves on the wrong end of the vote last episode & that could spell real trouble when you have 2 Carls.
     
  4.  Doug & Bri: Really needed Bi to be more impressive than she was. This is a team that could really benefit from an early tribal mix-up.
  5. Moon & Melissa: I still think John is a terrible pick, but Gabby & Mike over-performed so you're out of the doghouse!

  6. Eric: Eric avoided near disaster with an early Lyrsa departure. But she could easily be the target next week too if the David Tribe continues to lose challenges & they don't switch up tribes anytime soon. Her argument that she won the first reward challenge is extremely flawed & her tribe is too smart to buy that for long.



DoW:

Natalie obv

7 comments:

Doug said...

I was impressed with Davie and am quite jealous of the teams with him.

I also agree that Bi was unimpressive. I think she is safe for another tribal or two, but agreed that a switch may benefit her.

John's plan to work with Natalie and have no one know about it is definitely going to work. Because Natalie is going to be gone the first chance anyone gets.

Natalie is a good candidate for DOW, but I'm going with Jeremy for going through Dan's pockets to snoop and find his idol. Pretty douchy move. Smart for the game for sure, but randomly going through people's personal items seems extreme for week 1.

GnightMoon said...

Phil's team loses a player and moves up to first? Math matters.

Curious to see if this female alliance developing among the Goliaths takes hold. They do seem to have the right combo of men to manipulate.

I'm going to enjoy the slow ascension of #Vytas up your power rankings.

DoW: Natalie.

Eric said...

1. I would be only 5 points out of first if I hadn't mistakingly drafted the 19 year old.

2. My team sucks. While we can all agree that I'm the undisputed king of the Bachelor draft, I'm still the fish in this game. There were many obvious things I didn't consider when drafting my team.

3. Kara could win this and if so I'll really be regretting mistaking her identify during the draft.

4. Having this up the day after the show is fantastic!

5. I'm a fan of going through Dan's pockets. Dan is clueless.

6. Natalie is DOW. Does that woman ever smile?

Unknown said...


Michal--this is not a rhetorical question: what did you see in Carl that you chose him twice? After the first episode I don't think I would have picked him once, and now I think he's in serious trouble.




Natalie for DOW because even when Jeremy tried to explain how out of touch and imperious she is she dismissed him without even taking a moment to reflect. But I loved his observation: She's been married to someone for 24 years and he obviously loves her the way she is so she doesn't think she has to change. Hilarious!

Michal Greenberg said...

1. Agreed about Dan's pockets. He should know better. That's been standard practice for several seasons now.

2. I like Carl because he reached out to a 19-year-old white girl and the redneck who was rubbing everyone the wrong way in the first couple days. I saw him as potentially being the glue holding an alliance of misfits together. Turns that that probably won't be the case, but that's my answer. Also, Carl as the last pick was a choice between him, Nick & Natalie & I reaallly hate Nick & Natalie.

Bag said...

Natalie perma DOW until voted out.

Phil said...

OMG... sorry I’m just now getting to my comments. During my wonderful trip to Orlando during which I didn’t breath recycled airline or hotel air for 3 total hours I missed the draft and second episode.

First and foremost, what an incredible blog. You are doing such a fantastic job, I look forward to it every week and I agree with your power rankings!

Your roast of Moon the first week was superb. Kudos to “mom” for taking his side but any chance to tease Tom a little, I’m down (wait, he got me in to this group, never mind, Tom I love you, everyone stop picking on Tom)!


I’m super happy with my team, Christian is going to tow Nick as far as possible, with tribal shake ups this is not as important.

Losing Jessica first was a bit of a letdown. I liked the game play, Lyrsa was on the ropes but maneured nicely!

Natalie is DOW. Jeremy came to her in an effort to provide constructive feedback and she heard 1.3% of it. I’m not sure what 1.3% but surely she heard something?

I agree with Margot, his observation was hilarious.

Christian understands enough to cut his minions when needed, he absolutely has the stab you in the back game move. What is so dangerous about a player like him is that you still vote for him after he does it, or at least we will see...

It’s going to be an awesome season.

Again, thank you for all the time and effort on the blog!