Monday, March 17, 2014

BBB: Episode 3

I'm in South Africa & quite frankly just don't feel like taking the time to write up a whole blog post. Sorry guys. But thank you Moon & Bag for guest blogging the rest of the time that I'm away!

Quick thoughts: 

- I'm sad that the 3 tribes are going to get switched up now that Brains FINALLY dropped their worse-than-dead-weight, J'Tia. 

- It is way too early imo to be throwing challenges. Hopefully Cliff & Lindsey never find out about it because otherwise I think that Sarah is screwed. 

- Also, Tony is an idiot. Still. 

- I'm not sure I've seen anyone get hit in the nuts so often in such a short period of time as LJ in that reward challenge.

- Moon & Melissa have not sent me a team name in the time period allotted. As a result, I'm giving Bag the honor of naming their team in his guest blog next week! If you have any suggestions you'd like to send him, please include them with your DoW vote.
The Teams:

Moon & Melissa "INSERT BAG NAME HERE": 30 points

  1. LJ (10 pts) 
  2. Trish (8 pts) 
  3. Cliff (8 pts) 
  4. Lindsey (4 pts) 
Andrea & Bag "Sinkers & Floaters": 15 points

  1. Sarah (6 pts) 
  2. Morgan (3 pts) 
  3. Tasha (3 pts) 
  4. Spencer (3 pts) 

Michal & Ben "J'Tude": 15 points

  1. Tony (4 pts) 
  2. Kass (3 pts) 
  3. Jeremiah (5 pts) 
  4. J'Tia (3 pts) 
Doug & Bri "WooBrr": 10 point

  1. Woo (6 pts) 
  2. Brice (0 pts) 
  3. Alexis (1 pts) 
  4. Jefra (3 pts) 

Power Rankings:

1. Moon & Melissa - Everyone else's best chance of beating this team was for the Brawn tribe to stay as is and continue to try & throw challenges to get rid of Cliff & Lindsey. Not sure that's going to happen anymore, meaning this team is still dominant. 

2. J'Tude - We lost our albatross (and team namesake). This was 100% expected. Tony's position seems to be stabilizing through no help of his own, and Jeremiah may have worked his way out of a sticky situation by killing a chicken & being on a team that doesn't seem to think on a deeper level than the ground floor.

3. Sinkers & Floaters - I'm concerned about Sarah playing the game too hard this early. Maybe it'll work out, but right now she's showing the world she's a strong competitor, smart, and a schemer. You're playing your cards too early girl, slow down! 

4. WooBrr - I need to see Jefra survive another rainstorm before moving this tribe out of the doghouse. Quitters are a point killer, and she'd definitely on the watch list. 

Douche of the Week:


J'Tia for thinking she's normally cool-headed & only messed up once in challenges. While you were entertaining, you were terrible at this game, J'Tia. My only regret is that now you will return to your nuclear engineering job sooner which means that once again the world is a less safe place.


4 comments:

Bag said...

Because this is the last time I can vote for J'Tia, J'Tia for DoW. A pathetic contestant in all aspects of the game.

And also many, many, many thanks to Michal for the gift of naming Moon and Melissa's team.

Melissa said...

agreed J'Tia for DoW. Finally! She's gone!

Also, apologies for forgetting to name our team. I am nervous, albeit excited, to see what Bag comes up with.

For what it's worth, here's my two cents:
* the obvious, "MoonBee"
* a play on the tribes, like "Brawniful"
* recognition that we have a former NBA star on our team, like " myguyistallerthanyourguy" or "we've-played-more-games-than-Michael-Jordon"
* perhaps something noting the craziness that is Lindsey's hair, like " the-hidden-immunity-idol-is-probablly-in-my-hair"
* maybe something simple and to the point is more your style, like "team awesome"
* a re-hash from last season: "cheese-burgers in my belly" or "IheartTyson"
* a gentle tease regarding our tardiness in team naming, " deadlines-dont-apply-to-winners"
* "grub breath" , just because it made me giggle

I'm sure Tom has brilliant ideas as well, but he is at work right now, enriching the minds and lives of children. (that was my subtle reminder that he is a good person, in case you wanted to use that idea for your naming)

I know you are a smart and clever person, Zack, but I just wanted to lend a little inspiration to the process. Also, remember that wedding gifts are in your future. Just sayin'.

Happy Naming.
(and happy birthday)

GnightMoon said...

Does Bag get to name it if we agree upon one of the names Melissa just suggested? Either way "Michael Jordon" should be involved.

DoW has to be Sarah for coming up with that asinine idea to throw the challenge, though it is tempting to choose J'Tia since she actually caused her team to lose to a team that was trying to lose.

Doug said...

Bri made her DoW decision early in this episode - Sarah for trying to throw the challenge this early and buying into Tony's lies.

I had a tougher time. I had Sarah, Trish and J'Tia on my list. Ultimately I will also go with Sarah. J'Tia is deserving, but to suggest throwing a challenge this early, based off someone else's lie, and then not being able to accomplish it, I feel is very deserving.

I might suggest working LJ's crotch trouble into Moon and Melissa's team name. Maybe "Beefy-ness and the nutbanger". Something similar? Happy naming.

I share Michal's concern that J'Tia with now be doing anything involving "nuclear" and/or "engineering". Watching her panic backstroke trying to get the ball back to Spencer in the challenge had me laughing so had we had to pause the DVR. Simply terr....