Monday, October 15, 2012

Philippines: Episode 4

Sorry for my delayed post! I updated the scores & then completely forgot to add my own opinion to it! =)

If you watched this episode in Colorado you probably missed most of the immunity challenge because of a breaking news report. I read up on what happened & the summary is: blue team started off strong, but Denise was slow on the obstacle course & Malcolm messed up the part where you swing a ball at the pots & that's how they lost.

The Standings:

I'm on Dregs! - Michal: 9 points
1. Malcolm (0 pts)
2. Dana (5.5 pts)
3. Dawson (3.5 pts)
[4. Russell (0 pts)]

The Clap - Bag/Leah: 18.5 points
1. Pete (7.5 pts)
2. Carter (7.5 pts)
[3. Angie (0 pts)]
4. Lisa (3.5 pts)

Love Line: Old Balls & Tiaras - Doug/Bri: 18.5 points
1. Penner (7.5 pts)
2. Denise (0 pts)
3. Artis (7.5 pts)
4. Katie (3.5 pts)

Giant Bloody Brazilian Cola - Moon: 29 points
1. RC (5.5 pts)
2. Skupin (7.5 pts)
3. Jeff  (7.5 pts)
4. Abi-Maria (8.5 pts)


Power Rankings:

1. Love Line: Old Balls & Tiaras - Apart from having the creepiest name among a very questionable group this year, Doug & Bri probably have the only team with 2 legitimate prospects to win the season. Who knows what will end up happening in the long run, but Penner & Denise both appear to be powerhouses.

2. The Clap - I think Pete could do very well for himself, but he may get distracted by having too much fun manipulating his teammates & forget that he's playing for $1 million. Too much of what he's doing now is a sure way to get backstabbed right after a merge.

3. Giant Bloody Brazilian Cola - Moon's team is crushing right now, but is on the edge of a bloody civil war that could take down his entire stable. I also have concerns about what's happening this week with Jeff's knee. He can't stay in the game if he gets a knee brace, right? That just doesn't seem fair to me.

4. I'm on Dregs! - I'm not earning points now & it seems really unlikely that I'll start earning points if I make it to a merge. Hoping the Red Ladies will do some serious backstabbing to get me back in this game!


Douche of the Week:

In a weak week of voting Abi-Maria took it down last week. Your vote actually counts here, please do it! I'm going to have to go with Abi-Maria again... right now she's setting herself up for the DoW sweep for the season I think!

10 comments:

Doug said...

So we did miss most of the challenge due to the Breaking News, but I pulled up the On Demand a few days after and watched it. It was actually pretty close and Denise and Malcolm didn't seem to do that bad. The other teams just caught up and were faster.

I can still vote for Russell as my DoW winner, right? (Even though he was voted out)

His epic meltdown right after they lost the challenge was definitely DoW worthy. And his closing speech was pretty douchey as well.

TheGraveWolf said...

I think creepiest team name is still up for grabs.

TheGraveWolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheGraveWolf said...

Russell Swan: And you can tell Jeff Probst that my last words were... I'm on dregs!

[crowd cheers]

Michal: Russell! I think we should work on those last words!

Russell Swan: I got it, I got it. Last words - I dig survivor.

[a few claps]

Russell Swan: ...

Russell Swan: I'm on dregs!

[crowd cheers]

Bag said...

I am also voting for Russell. How many times can one person say they'll turn it around next time?

GnightMoon said...

Pete for DoW. Clever and calculating, but cold.

TheGraveWolf said...

I was surprised Pete did not ask Malcolm if he had an immunity idol after telling him about his own. His cleverness/Survivor savvy took a hit in my book at that point.

Margot said...

FORGET SURVIVOR!! WHAT WAS THE BREAKING NEWS???

Michal Greenberg said...

Nothing good unfortunately: http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-jessica-ridgeway-case-linked-attempted-jogger-abduction/story?id=17545672

Michal Greenberg said...

Apparently they arrested someone today for this crime though... a small silver lining i suppose