Thursday, December 8, 2011

South Pacific: Ep 12

Cochran played his final challenge much like he did the rest of the game - frenetically, and with every expectation that he would lose. Maybe he just doesn't realize how defeatist he is/sounds. If he actually had faith in himself that he was capable of succeeding in challenges, I think he would have done much better overall. Ozzy's attitude afterwards I found insulting though; he didn't need so sound THAT surprised that Cochran was able to keep it close!

I was rooting for Edna to pull a coup, not because I like her, but because I wanted things to get shaken up a bit. But Coach has too good of a thing going for him, so I'm not surprised he didn't step up for her. Besides which, it would be hard to argue that he played the game with "honor and integrity" at final tribal if he backstabbed his alliance right near the end. Plus, I think that he still believes that he has her vote, so he probably wanted her on the jury anyways!

In the overall score of Savaii Alpha Male, Ozzy has obviously won. In the overall record of attempted coups that Albert has been involved in, I think it's now 0-4.

And how about the super creepy Hantz father? Everything about him was wrong. He looked a lot like Brandon but way too put together to be out in the wilderness. He was completely unsupportive of his son, who is clearly going through a difficult time while he's out there. Telling him that he has a terrible strategy when his son is explaining to him the spiritual & emotional journey that he's taking is NOT being a good parent. Then thinking that he can walk into this game & suddenly be a major strategist & influence on the game? Obviously we know who Brandon inherited his crazy from. I was pleased to see how insulted Coach was by that.

What puzzled me the most in this episode was when Coach approached Ozzy & said that he wanted to take him to the final 3. He said that he meant it, but will he actually go through with it? I'm not sure. It doesn't make any sense to me. Does Coach think that Ozzy won't win any votes? If Ozzy makes the finals I'm pretty sure that all of the Savaii jury (except maybe Cochran) will vote for him. That's already 4 votes - he'd only need 1 more to win it!


The Standings: 

Team Top 3: Moon - 104 pts
1. Ozzy (43 pts)
2. Sophie (28 pts)
[3. Jim (33 pts)]

Team Baseball, Belts & Bibles: Doug/Bri - 76 pts
1. Albert (26 pts)
2. Rick (16 pts)
[3. Dawn (33 pts)]

Team Dungeons & Dragons: Me - 72 pts
[1. Cochran (26 pts)]
[2. Elyse (12 pts)]
3. Coach (34 pts)

Team ICRWYNISTB: Dachui - 52 pts
[1. Keith (27 pts)]
2. Brandon (17 pts)
[3. Stacey (8 pts)]

Team Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife: Bag - 45 pts
[1. Mikayla (13 pts)]
[2. Christine (18 pts)]
3. Edna (14 pts)

Team Country Bears: Courtney - 42 pts
[1. Papa Bear (7 pts)]
[2. Whitney (33 pts)]
[3. Semhar (2 pts)]


Power Rankings: 

1. Top 3 - I hope Sophie finally starts to make moves now. She's been talking & thinking about moves this whole time & has done absolutely nothing. It's now or never, lady! Please prove that you're not just a windbag. 

2. Dungeons & Dragons - I still think Coach is the favorite to win it, but I still have a pretty significant point disadvantage to overcome. I'm sort of hoping that Coach will have a successful play of the immunity idol to give me a 10 point boost!

3. Baseball, Belts & Bibles - My money's on Albert being the next to go - Rick wants him gone, and Coach should want him gone. They only need one more to pull it off and I think Sophie could be convinced. 

4. ICRWYNISTB - Brandon is a close second though to getting voted off next. He may just be an unbearable personality to deal with now that they've made Final Five. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's Albert though. 

5. Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife - I REALLY hope Edna beats Ozzy on RI. That would be huge for me & Doug/Bri in the pool, but even more importantly, it'd be so amazing if Ozzy's reign of terror was toppled by a tiny little woman.

6. Country Bears - Crushed!

2 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

On the one hand, Brandon seems like a great prospect for Coach to take to the finals. However, if he can manage to get Brandon onto the jury and still receive his vote that could be huge. I suspect given the choice Coach would take him to the final 3. Rick would also be a great player to take to the finals. I, too, wondered about Coach's vow to take Ozzy. If we assume Coach wasn't lying, than he must think that he has enough votes to best Ozzy at the final tribal. I don't think Ozzy should take Coach's deal. He should work something out with Albert and Sophie. Clearly, I have no idea how this is going to play out.

GnightMoon said...

Cannot wait for the next episode & the finale. I have no idea how it's gonna shake out, but Albert, Coach & Sophie all seem smart enough to know their best shot is to go to final tribal without each other. It should be a wild finish. The pool may well be determined by Coach's play of that idol.