Thursday, December 1, 2011

South Pacific: Ep 11

Sigh. Cochran is finally gone after his long claw through this game. In the end my feelings for him are decidedly tepid. After a while I got sick of his defeatist attitude and constant effort to sound & act like Woody Allen. If he didn't act like a huge underdog the entire time maybe the others wouldn't have treated him like one. I hope he continues to do Coach Chi - I think he needs it.

On the other hand, Ozzy is thriving! He's doing his own impersonation of the Irish Braveheart guy - "It's MY island!" At this point I'm just assuming that he'll make it back into the game. I wonder if the Savaii members will vote for him if he makes Final Tribal? I would assume so - he might even get Cochran's vote since he seemed so upset about being voted out 7th. 

The Standings: 

Team Top 3: Moon - 101 pts
1. Ozzy (40 pts)
2. Sophie (28 pts)
[3. Jim (33 pts)]

Team Baseball, Belts & Bibles: Doug/Bri - 75 pts
1. Albert (26 pts)
2. Rick (16 pts)
[3. Dawn (33 pts)]

Team Dungeons & Dragons: Me - 55 pts
1. Cochran (16 pts) 
[2. Elyse (12 pts)]
3. Coach (27 pts)

Team ICRWYNISTB: Dachui - 51 pts
[1. Keith (27 pts)]
2. Brandon (16 pts)
[3. Stacey (8 pts)]

Team Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife: Bag - 45 pts
[1. Mikayla (13 pts)]

[2. Christine (18 pts)]
3. Edna (14 pts)

Team Country Bears: Courtney - 42 pts
[1. Papa Bear (7 pts)]
[2. Whitney (33 pts)]
[3. Semhar (2 pts)]


Power Rankings: 

1. Top 3 - I've moved Moon back into first place because I think that Ozzy & Sophie are both in as secure a position as they can be at this moment. Plus, he has a decent sized lead over the rest of us, so he's got more wiggle room with the points.

2. Dungeons & Dragons - I'm keeping myself ranked second because I still think that Coach will outlast Rick & the Prince. I'm wondering if one of the reasons Coach didn't change his vote was because that'd mean he'd have to side with the lazy guy in camp. Obviously staying loyal played a major role too, but it also seems like his dislike of Albert may have been a factor.

3. Baseball, Belts & Bibles - Rick speaks!! Who knew? Albert is such a weird person to watch on this show - he keeps trying to make moves and he fails every single time. He failed with Mikayla, with the turn against Edna, and now with the turn against Rick. And yet he's still in the game. You'd think with such an obvious drive for betrayal that the others would have voted him out by now. I guess it's just because he's so bad at it that he's still in the game. I think once they reach final 5 though he'll be one of the first to go.

4. ICRWYNISTB - Team Psycho continues to deliver with an uncomfortable tribal council. It's funny because no one else on the tribe even cares anymore. Brandon gets really distraught and they all get really bored & wait for it to pass.

5. Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife - It seems like the unpredictability of this game is over, so it looks like Bag's team will be the next to go extinct. It's too bad; Edna finally tried to make a move, and it just didn't work out for her. I was sure that Coach was going to switch, I'm sad I was wrong.

6. Country Bears - Team Crushed is officially done. Did anyone else think that Whitney looked stoned during that RI challenge? She seemed soooo out of it.

4 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheGraveWolf said...

gg courtney bar, I will pour one out for you

Bag said...

I think Ozzy's cups/plates/bowls were slightly shallower than the other two competitors'.

GnightMoon said...

They've done a nice job of drumming up some fake espionage and combining tribals, but really what's happened is Upolu has systematically wiped out Savaii. Edna will be next. And then it's gametime, with Brandon & Rick drawing dead.