Monday, October 31, 2011

South Pacific: Ep 7

HAHAHA!!! I could NOT be happier about the way that this last Survivor episode went. Even though nothing seems to go Cochran's way, in reality EVERYTHING goes his way! He's either the luckiest player I've ever seen in the game of Survivor, or he's SO crafty that even the producers are missing it. Not only did Cochran get saved and one of his biggest threats volunteered to go to R.I., but I also got saved & had my biggest threat in the pool suddenly be put in a perilous position.

No matter how this epicness turns out, I win. If everything works out to be a "best case" scenario in Ozzy's mind, he wins & returns to the game & Savaii is up in numbers, and Cochran remains safe. If Ozzy's plan turns more into a "worst case" situation, then Ozzy goes home, leaving Cochran with the immunity idol and likely still even at 6-6 since Christine despises her old tribe. The "worst case" is actually my best case, but I'm fine with the outcome either way. Either way this is one of the ballsiest plays ever made in Survivor.

The Standings: 

Team Top 3: Moon - 62 pts
1. Ozzy (27 pts)
2. Sophie (18 pts)
3. Jim (17 pts)

Team Dungeons & Dragons: Me - 57 pts
1. Cochran (17 pts) 
[2. Elyse (12 pts)]
3. Coach (28 pts)

Team Baseball, Belts & Bibles: Doug/Bri - 53 pts
1. Albert (18 pts)
2. Rick (18 pts)
3. Dawn (17 pts)

Team Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife: Bag - 47 pts
[1. Mikayla (13 pts)]
2. Christine (18 pts)
3. Edna (16 pts)

Team ICRWYNISTB: Dachui - 43 pts
1. Keith (17 pts)
2. Brandon (18 pts)
[3. Stacey (8 pts)]

Team Country Bears: Courtney - 26 pts
[1. Papa Bear (7 pts)]
2. Whitney (17 pts)
[3. Semhar (2 pts)]


Power Rankings: 

1. Top 3 - Moon remains atop the leader board, but his position is precarious. Christine has a drive in her that I can't help but cheer for, and I'm guessing that in a "build a pole to get a key" challenge they will be pretty evenly-matched. In the Savaii Alpha Male War, the score was Jim: 2, Ozzy: 1... and I'm not really sure how to score martyrdom... thoughts?

2. Baseball, Belts & Bibles -What I like about this team is that all three of these players are in good alliances, but at least 2 of them have proven that they have no problem going against their alliance when the disagree. Baseball & Bibles at least have given me faith that they won't play this game afraid and that they'll be willing to take risks to win the ultimate prize. I think post-merge this is the most dynamic team in the pool.

3. Dungeons & Dragons - Johnny "Bullet Dodger" Cochran remains my favorite player, especially after Coach revealed what an incredible sell-out he is. It's pretty disturbing how quickly he led his tribe into cultdom, knowing full well that he's using others' faith as a way to cover up his earlier deceptions. Sophie's comments on the matter summed it up pretty well. I hope she's the one who takes Coach out.  

4. ICRWYNISTB - If I was Keith I'd be pretty pissed that Ozzy gave the idol to Cochran and not me. Seriously, did Ozzy not think that through? If he doesn't come back, does he really want to arm the weakest player on their team with the biggest advantage, or would he rather help out his closest ally in the game? I guess at that point Ozzy doesn't really care either way, but he should still consider these things.  

5. Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife - Christine's rage comes through big time on RI! Keep it up, Christine! I hope she comes back at the merge & makes some real waves among the alliances. I also hope Edna goes out soon, she's starting to bug me. Losing Mikayla was a devastating loss for this team, and I think Bag's out of the competition, but Christine may have a chance for fan favorite if she gets past Ozzy.

6. Country Bears - ummm.....

4 comments:

Doug said...

I'm going to agree with Michal in the fact that this last episode was awesome (for B,B,&B). Having Ozzy potentially bounced while on Redemption is just the opening we need to jump in front for the remainder of this contest and send Tom's team spiraling.

I will give it to Savaii for the gutsiness of this move. This is a huge risk on a weak assumption. We'll see how it pays off. The set-up lie for this is brilliant though. Telling the other team that Cochran blindsided the whole tribe is great. Can't wait to see some of the reactions during next week's episode.

I will also agree that Keith was the big loser (besides hopefully Ozzy) with this. If Keith was the most opposed to the whole idea, and had a close alliance with Ozzy, doesn't it make sense to give the idol to Keith. Give it to anyone BUT Cochran! That was a big mistake.

Can't wait for next week.

TheGraveWolf said...

I agree with you about Coach. Most of the goodwill he had built up in my book was erased by the gross way he got on the God-wagon. It felt very fake and he seems to be the religious antithesis to Matt from last season.

Christine is doing well on RI but I will give you 20-1 that she doesn't win fan favorite.

Now I realize why Ozzy wasn't big on strategy in his last season! Wooooow.

Margot said...

What I couldn't understand is why Savaii didn't realize that they could have wooed Christine to their side without even trying. Someone from their tribe saw her give her tribe-mates the finger at one of the duels.

Also, I hate to tell Coach, Brandon, and Matt, but God really, really doesn't care who wins Survivor. How do I know? She told me!

GnightMoon said...

Finally got to this episode and I feel sick about it.

Margot raises a good point, that Savaii just ignored the possibility (likelihood) of picking up Christine. Why did Ozzy decide they had to oust Christine from Redemption?

Ozzy just isn't a smart player. I have only myself to blame for picking him. I knew what I was signing up for.