Thursday, October 20, 2011

South Pacific: Ep 6

I guess I should be happy that Rick sided with Coach & the Crazies over Al & Sophie, but I'm not. What a terrible decision! It's really disappointing that both Brandon & Rick are hiding behind "loyalty" when playing this game. Brandon's speech made me want to vomit & the fact that he doesn't see what Coach is really about is a terrible mistake. Plus, they talk about loyalty like Mikayla doesn't have any. Which makes no sense - she hasn't done anything to hurt the team this whole time. She's only not a part of the alliance because she wasn't awake that first night while they were sitting by the boats.



Ozzy is just a whiny baby, which is really saying something - isn't he into his 30s at least now? That guy needs to grow up, or at the very least shut up. His assertion that "I was telling you I had the idol last night to try and unify us as a team" was ridiculous. I was pretty impressed by Dawn & Cochran that they didn't laugh in his face.


The Standings: 

Team Top 3: Moon - 57 pts
1. Ozzy (27 pts)
2. Sophie (13 pts)
3. Jim (17 pts)

Team Dungeons & Dragons: Me - 52 pts
1. Cochran (17 pts)

[2. Elyse (12 pts)]
3. Coach (23 pts)

Team Baseball, Belts & Bibles: Doug/Bri - 43 pts
1. Albert (13 pts)
2. Rick (13 pts)
3. Dawn (17 pts)

Team Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife: Bag - 39 pts
1. Mikayla (13 pts)
2. Christine (15 pts)
3. Edna (11 pts)

Team ICRWYNISTB: Dachui - 38 pts
1. Keith (17 pts)
2. Brandon (13 pts)
[3. Stacey (8 pts)]

Team Country Bears: Courtney - 26 pts
[1. Papa Bear (7 pts)]
2. Whitney (17 pts)
[3. Semhar (2 pts)]


Power Rankings: 

1. Top 3 - In the Savaii Alpha Male War, the score is Jim: 2, Ozzy: 1. I'm not that surprised that Jim's doing so well anymore... at least now that I've discovered his secret identity! Jim is actually Chief from Battlestar Galactica! I think he's underestimating Ozzy though, which is a big risk.

2. Dungeons & Dragons - So long, Elyse, we will not miss you! Now it's time for me to look out for my boy Cochran, who isn't out of the woods yet! I hope keeping Edna hurts Upolu so that Cochran remains safe again next week. 

3. Baseball, Belts & Bibles -I'm so happy that Albert made the move that he did. Even though he and Sophie lost that battle, I think they've made some good moves to help them go far in the game. If Mikayla wins her way back into the show, then she'll definitely be an ally for them, and they're obviously both good analytical thinkers. Possibly my new favorite duo on the show.

4. Hide Yer Kids, Hide Yer Wife - Bag on Bag violence is coming soon to a television near you! Mikayla definitely brings a higher level of physicality, but Christine's rage & general feistiness may still give her a chance! 

5. ICRWYNISTB - Stupid Keith was way too quick to welcome Ozzy back into the fold. With an upcoming merge & an immunity idol in his pocket, now is the best time to vote him out! I'm hopeful that Keith is just acting friendly so that Ozzy will let his guard down so they can blindside him, but I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking. 

6. Country Bears - Whitney is a forgettable player, making this a fairly forgettable team. Maybe post-merge she'll start doing something, but I doubt it. 

3 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GnightMoon said...

Tend to disagree on Keith. He seems to be the most powerful player on Savaii (because Jim is playing too aggressively which will eventually cost him). I like the way Keith is playing Ozzy.

Doug said...

Good last couple episodes. Glad this season has some "players" and not just "participants".

Jim is looking strong on his team, but how long can he keep that up without drawing heat? I think he is good for a few more episodes at least. Also very smart to realize that Ozzy wins him rewards/immunity and is a huge target once they get to a merge. Ozzy is in trouble come merge time.

I think Keith actually played this last situation pretty well. To get angry Ozzy back on board as an alliance member was no small task. And he is sort of communicating with Jim about "other tactics".

The other team's situation is interesting too. I'm thinking Mikayla wins at least one or two on redemption. If she comes back into the game at the merge, she might not be bitter (like all the other RI cast-aways so far) and she might rejoin Al and Sophie.

However it all happens, I'm liking the season and hope it stays interesting.






.. Especially when my team ends up winning it all. :D