Friday, April 29, 2011

Redemption Island: Episode 11

I don't really have a lot to say about this episode, except that Grant raked in a serious amount of points on this one. 6 points for winning immunity & then 4 additional points for winning a cake! Grant essentially earned Cockydoodlebug an extra jury seat.

I'm excited to see what happens next week, with 4 players on Redemption Island, and the 6 Team Stealth left in the game. Right now Boston Rob looks to have the victory locked up, but returnees from R.I. might change that.

The Standings
 
Team Cockydoodlebug: Doug/Bri
- 81 pts
1. Grant (36 pts)
2. Rooster (18 pts)
3. Andrea (27 pts)

Team #Winning!: Moon - 79 pts
1. Boston Rob (43 pts)
[2. David (23 pts)]
[3. Krista (13 pts)]

Team Saggy Bottom Panties: Me - 64 pts
1. Phillip (18 pts)
2. Ashley (20 pts)
3. Natalie (26 pts)

Team Evil Crushell: Courtney - 46 pts
[1. Evil Russell (10 pts)]
[2. Sarita (11 pts)]
[3. Julie (25 pts)]

Team Fabioesque: Dachui - 43 pts
1. Mike (17 pts)
2. Matt (11 pts)
[3. Stephanie (15)]

Team Haterz Gonna Hate: Bag - 23 pts
[1. Francesca (0 pts)]
[2. Kristina (10 pts)]
3. Steve (13 pts)

Power Rankings

It's too close to call at this point between the top 3 contenders, so I'm taking the yellow-bellied coward's route this week and tying us all for first. I deserve the criticism that you're mind-flinging my way (and probably comment-flinging as well), but it's just too up in the air for me to decide anymore.

1. Team Cockydoodlebug - Doug has taught me never to count a team he's on out. I'm keeping this scrappy crew at the top of the charts

1. Saggy Bottom Panties - Even having Grampy Jessum on my team doesn't help us earn points. My team started off strong in challenges but has been among the first to be eliminated in all subsequent challenges. The crazy well may be running dry for Team Panties.

1. Team #Winning! - Boston Rob almost has his victory locked up - none of his tribemates trust each other and they all seem to think Rob will take them to the finals, where he'll almost assuredly win. R.I. challenges make this still iffy, but I think he's probably a 75% fave to win at this point. But will that be enough for Moon to win? I don't know...

4. Team Fabioesque - Matt's lost his motivation, but apparently God likes to play table shuffleboard, so he's still in the game. Fabioesque needs to get both their players back in the game to have a chance at this. Even then it'll be a long shot, but I'd love to see a comeback. Go Matt! Go Mike! Go God!

5. Evil Crushell - Goodbye Craggy Julie! We will miss you, although we were disappointed in your final elimination performance. Actually, I was disappointed in all of their performances... that looked like the easiest R.I. challenge they've had all season & the really stunk at it!

6. Team Haterz Gonna Hate -  Bag still has a player in, but it seems highly likely that he'll be eliminated next week, which means he'll still finish behind Craggy Crushell. On the plus side, Bag's done a good job of holding onto this 6th place spot for almost the entire season! Congrats Bag, you win the "Most Consistent" award.

3 comments:

GnightMoon said...

I don't see how Cockydoodlebug has any shot here unless Grant and/or Andrea make a big move and oust Boston Rob very soon.

Michal Greenberg said...

One semi-likely situation is that Grant wins most of the immunity challenges at the end, forcing Rob to take him to the finals. With all the jury points he'll earn on the way it'd be enough for Doug/Bri to get the win.

Doug said...

Unless Rob is ousted in the next episode or two, I think Cockydoodlebug is in big trouble. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're sitting 3rd, with Panties in 2nd, and team Boston in the lead.

hopefully Survivor still has a twist or 2 up their sleeve.