Monday, November 5, 2018

Survivor DG: Episode 6

So there I was, feeling like a ge-ge-genius in my analysis of last episode & then it turns out it was all for a coat. Sigh. And back to the ranks of pedestrian Survivor blogger I go...

No time for a full-blown blog this week, especially considering I'm already 5 days late, so please check the spreadsheet for updated scores. You'll be shocked - shocked! - to see that the gap between Bag and MoonBee v. the rest of us has only grown wider. Also got the unnecessary confirmation from producers that Eric doesn't know what he's doing.

Player Rankings, not including those living on Ponderosa (fabulous exit interview though, Lyrsa):


13. Elizabeth - No one likes her and she doesn't do well with conflict. Not seeing a big future here.

12. Carl - This guy is doing nothing & won't likely earn many points from here on out. I like his hat though.

11. Gabby - I think everyone likes Gabby more than me. I enjoy her as a person but I think she's a sub-par Survivor player. The teenager in me is tickled by the Nerd Love storyline though.

10. Dan - Brochacho's going to be a huge target post-merge. He's got his hidden 2nd idol in his pocket, but I think his lips are going to loosen up once he's back with Kara. I'm predicting a botched idol play in Dan's future, though likely not as epic as James the Gravedigger's.

9. Kara - not sure what kind of alliances she has left with that all-female trio crashing & burning. Actually that's pretty much the story of all the women on this season...

8. Angelina - keeping up with the theme of our team, Angelina came in aggressive & arrogant this season. Not advisable, as the casualty toll is proving for this style of play. I think the merge is coming at a great time for her game, though.

7. Alison - I liked her more before she got airtime this week. Her "I'm such an amazingly awesome, better-than-anyone-else doctor because I really feel for the little guy" spiel really fell flat for me. (If you couldn't tell.) Still, at least she's considering all of her alliance options and is clearly thinking strategy without making that abundantly clear to everyone else.

6. Alec - playing a cannier game than I would have ever given him credit for at the draft. However, he's a huge challenge threat & I'm not sure how much people will trust him. Watch out for an early post-merge exit, but if he can survive the next couple episodes he could do very well.

5. Davie - still has potential, though we haven't seen much from him lately. I'm excited to see him in a post-merge world.

4. John - I guess it's time: Ab-raham Lincoln is playing a pretty flawless game. At least provided he can distance himself from the bro-fest that Dan is cultivating. That's going to be dangerous. 

3. Nick - Nick is the dark horse to win this whole thing. Lots of quiet alliances going on, willing to defer to allies when it's not going to cost him too much. Not drawing too much attention as a player, but is definitely scheming.

2. Christian - rumors of his demise (from the "next time on Survivor") are likely to be greatly exaggerated. Guys' got a good set of alliances, is going to have a great character arc story to share if he gets to final tribal, might even leave with a girlfriend.

1. Mike - see all previous posts for more details.


DOW:
Angelina.

8 comments:

Margot said...

So, will you be shocked--SHOCKED!--to learn/be reminded that Alison is a UNC grad?!

And I think Lyrsa should get a point or 5 for such a great exit interview! Made us laugh out loud for quite a while.

It does appear that your contest is now between 2 very strong teams and your touch of humility is well deserved.

Doug said...

I'm going Angelina for my DoW, again for the weird jacket stealing scenario. Her explanation made no sense and I'm very glad Lyrsa saw easily through it.

The foreboding preview of Christian being a target for next week pretty much guarantees he isn't going anywhere during that episode. I'm guessing he will be around for a while yet.

I agree with the blog on Gabby being a pool favorite, but not seeing it. I think she will have very little say in what happens after the merge, at least until she is voted out.

I disagree with Mike being the top player left in the game. I think he is going to have some troubles navigating the freshly mixed merge waters.

Definitely looking forward to the merge and seeing how these players stack up once all at the same camp.

Eric said...

1. AHHHHHHHGGGGGG! My team sucks.

2. In fairness, I've had some back luck:
2.a. Who hasn't drafted the wrong blonde at least once? A double Kara would have me in third place right now.
2.b. Through no fault of mine all of them just happened to be among the worst players on their team.
3.c. Even so, some of them were still voted off the island.
4.d. None of my women were smart enough to realize they needed to wander the island to get an idol.

3. Apparently Davie was able to skip several episodes before appearing again last week. Is this normal? Was he at the swamp?

4. Gabby is no good. Hopefully she has a secret and magnetic relationship with Christian.

5. Moonmelissa and Zackandrea are crushing.

6. If the Brochacho team looses an immunity they will vote out Dan. After the merge his brain will once again turn into mush once he gets near Kara.

7. I like Mike. I meant to draft him with my first two picks.

8. I'm looking at a picture of Alec and I don't recall him being on the show. I'm not joking.

9. Angelina small DOW.

GnightMoon said...

There is no Nerd Love story. Christian is in a LTR back home. You would know this if you researched properly before the draft.

Angelina DoW.

Eric said...

Is this CBS Survivor website research, RealitySteve research, or something in between?

It's obvious that my research was very limited. And also I've been super unlucky this season.

TheGraveWolf said...

Moon has chirping chips!

Bag said...

Angelina DOW!

Phil said...

Angelina DOW, for two weeks in a row! She will be around for a bit, she is no threat to anyone.

Mike and Christian make a strong team and if they can keep their group of 6 more power to them.

Gabby is too unstable and unpredictable, she is going to blow up a strong alliance of 6.

I see a huge blindside in Dan’s future, 2 idols, maybe the idol cancel advantage will get used correctly.

A unanimous vote is rare but was a brilliant move, Mike and Christian run this to the end.