Wednesday, November 9, 2016

XvM: Episodes 7 & 8

Ugh, episode 7 felt too painful to blog about, having just watched our team cannibalize itself. Then last night happened. Guess it's all relative.

Michaela was a beast & we are really going to miss her. So much personality & so much heart. I'm not sure her social game/strategy would have survived much longer in the merge, though. It seemed like she would have had trouble adjusting to such a fluid game. With that being said, though, she was willing to align herself with her enemy Figgy in the first episode to take out Mari, so I might be selling her short.

Episode 8 was a showcase in Adam's stupidity. Why on earth would you try to ally yourself with Taylor after you've both spent the duration of the show gunning for each other? I just makes no sense! I was rooting for Adam until this episode, but his absurd strategy & desperate scrambling made me change my mind.

A couple of interesting notes: only 1 dude has been voted out so far this season. The Millenials are crushing the GenXers in overall points scored. And being in the minority going into any vote seems to be the safest place to be! Which leads me to believe that Jay, Will, and Taylor will all survive next week.

In other news, I dove into the blog archives (aka Bloglore) and filled out the "History" tab in the spreadsheet. Please check it out, help fill in the blanks, and add any fun trivia that you may recall!


The Teams:

MoonBee "Hannah & the Homeboys" - 60 points 
  1. Chris (11 pts)
  2. Adam (16 pts)
  3. Will (19 pts)
  4. Hannah (14 pts)
Baggadocious "DK Double Stacker" - 53 points
  1. Ken (7 pts)
  2. David (26 pts)
  3. [Figgy (7 pts)]
  4. Taylor (13 pts)
Michal & Ben "Sea Dogs" - 46 points
  1. Zeke (17 pts)
  2. Jay (21 pts)
  3. [Michaela (14 pts)]
  4. [Paul (-6 pts)]
Doug & Bri "The Real Housewives of Fiji (and Bret)" - 37 points
  1. [Michelle (26 pts)]
  2. Bret (8 pts)
  3. Jessica (3 pts)
  4. [Lucy (-3 pts)]
Dregs "Dreggy McBoatface" - 5 points
  1. [CeCe (-2 pts)]
  2. Sunday (7 pts)

Power Rankings:
  1. Hannah & the Homeboys: Geez, this team is crushing it. All 4 players made the merge, which already makes them tough to beat. On top of that they're winning challenges, finding idols, clues, and generally bringing home the bacon. I don't think any of these players will win, but they are a combined strong supporting cast & are definitely a force to be reckoned with. #solidarity
  2. DK Double Stacker: Ken is shockingly sucky when it comes to earning points in this pool. David is making up for it, though, and they are both poised for a deep run. Taylor's time is limited, but he's done a great job bringing in points as a dreg. If he holds on much longer he'll probably win Baggadocious the DOW points too. #baglor
  3. Sea Dogs: I still think Zeke could win this whole thing, but that means nothing when your team cannibalizes itself! Jay is playing too obvious a game and it's bitten him in the ass. Hopefully he can rally. #cannibals
  4. Housewives: Michelle is gone, leaving just Bret & Jessica. Jess performed very well in the first individual immunity challenge, which bodes well for the Housewives. But the "Funeral Director" is flabby & unlikely to win any challenges on his own. And neither can win this game. Doug & Bri are now in the hot seat for making the next tier of the trophy. #notlast


Douche of the Week:
Adam for episode 7 because of the way he repeatedly drove home the point to Taylor that he was the reason Figgy got voted out, that he was the one to blame, that he 100% betrayed Taylor & Figgy, etc. etc. etc. Maybe that's not really douchey, but it's hella dumb. Jay is my runner-up for voting out Michaela largely because he knew she was smarter than him.

Taylor for episode 8 because of the food thievery & blase attitude about it at tribal council.


Dreg Rule:
1) If you could pick up a dreg now & drop one of your current players to dreg status, would you?
2) If you could buy a dreg & add them to your stable without losing anyone, how much would you bid for them?
3) If you are a team who just lost a player, would you be willing to spend 5 points or 10 points to pick up one of these dregs?

  1. No
  2. 5-7 points -- but let's be honest. I don't blog consistently enough that an auction system is really a viable option. 
  3. Interesting - now that the players are guaranteed 10 points, would it be worth paying 10 points in hopes of getting bonus points? Sunday hardly seems worth it, but I supposed I'd be grudgingly willing to pay 10 points for her post-merge. Maybe no dreg pick-ups after the merge?



5 comments:

Bag said...

Week 7 DoW: Jay
Week 8 DoW: Taylor

I too was disappointed seeing Michaela ousted. She will be back.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I really liked Michaela...and it's hard to like Jay at this point because of that. But Adam is the true screw up, eh? Good grief. Just when I think, "Oh, that's a good idea [to do something like, I know you stole the food, but I won't tell if...] he makes an ass of himself. I think that Hannah and Zeke are right, he wants to sit at the cool kids' table, even though he's definitely not wanted. I was ready to vote him DOW for week 8, too, but then Taylor sat at Tribal Council being so proud of being a totally selfish jerk. So I like splitting the vote between Adam for one week and Taylor for the other.

Is it because Gen Xers are now old enough to not care about who the cool kids are that I like them better than the Millenials? Cuz I kinda like the dorks on the Millenial tribe, but Taylor and Jay are really getting on my nerves.

Still enjoying this season immensely...and can we have at least a small shout out for Jessica for how long she underwent that torturous challenge??

GnightMoon said...

Week 7 DoW: Jay
Week 8 DoW: Taylor

Good to see H&H finally atop the power rankings! I've never been thrilled with the players on our team, not on draft night, not even now. But as Ben and I noted after episode 3, the math of the situation dictated a higher ranking. Just having players around gives them the opportunity to find idols, win challenges, and make juries.

I do think we need to revisit our points structure and consider rewarding fewer points to team challenge wins. It doesn't seem right to me that Ken has 7 points, Chris has 11, Hannah has 14 and Will has 19. That seems off. I dunno though. It's tricky.

Very tough to watch Michaela go...but I doubt we've seen the last of her.

Doug said...

Ouch!

Both to the Michaela blindside, and the Michelle ousting. The Michaela blindside most likely helped our team by saving Bret. I was hoping it would even the playing fields a bit, but then this week Michelle caught the vote shrapnel that wasn't even originally aimed at her, and thus brutalized the Housewives. We appreciate the 26 points, but that will pale quickly in comparison as others add to their point totals. I don't think Jessica can do it on her own, but maybe we can eke out "Not last place". I don't think Bret is doing much for us moving forward, although he has been getting better.

I agree that the crowd favorites are becoming the Gen Xers and the nerds, minus Adam.

I'll give Taylor my DoW vote for week 8. That smirk at Tibal... That bumped him above Adam.

I'm going to give Michaela my DoW vote for week 7. I appreciate her passion, but I honestly thought that she was going to punch Jay in the face after Jeff read the votes, just like Jay thought she was going to as well. That was a Douchey poor loser situation.

Homeboys is looking solid for points moving forward. They are going to be tough to beat.

I hope to have more time to look at the HIstory tab tomorrow or Friday.

TheGraveWolf said...

Jay Dow 7
Taylor Dow 8