Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Cambodia: Episode 12

Gnight Abi! As is probably obvious from my last post, I didn't think they had the chops to get rid of her. I'm glad Tasha made that happen; this was a way better choice than voting out Keith. Really, neither of them have a chance of winning this season, but at least Keith is relatively harmless. Tasha was right that Abi could totally throw a wrench in the loop at any point.

Ben's guess at the "in 31 seasons this is the first time this has happened on Survivor" sound bite from next week's preview is that none of the votes will count. Which would mean Kelley & Jeremy were the targets & they both played their idols. I really hope this is true - that'd be a truly stellar episode!!


The Score:

 Michal & Ben - Contrarian Ninja Stack: 156 points
  1. Tasha (24 pts)
  2. Kelley (44 pts)
  3. [Stephen (36 pts)]
  4. Kimmi (21 pts)
  5. [Kass (31 pts)]
Doug & Bri - Survivor MacGyver: 134 points
  1. Spencer (24 pts)
  2. [Joe (69 pts)]
  3. [Shirin (-4 pts)]
  4. [Terry (9 pts)]
  5. [Ciera (36 pts)]
Bagdrea - Ghost Coaster: 96 points
  1. Jeremy (38 pts)
  2. [Jeff (0 pts)]
  3. [Monica (12 pts)]
  4. [Kelly (20 pts)]
  5. [Abi-Maria (20 pts)]
MoonBee - Woofully Inadequate: 65 points
  1. [Vytas (-5 pts)]
  2. [Woo (8 pts)]
  3. Keith (36 pts)
  4. [Savage (29 pts)]
  5. [Peih Gee (-3 pts)]
Power Rankings:

1. Contrarian Ninja Stack - CNS has 50% of the players still in the game. We are still looking good, though Spencer is definitely going to give us a sweat. It's too bad the all women's alliance didn't come to fruition, but we're still in good shape. Kelly is super scrappy being the underdog, Tasha is still showing her chops as a strategist in the game, and Kimmi is hanging around.

2. Survivor MacGyver - This season's editing has long been pointing towards a Spencer redemption plot line. It feels to me like this is his season to lose. I like Spencer & think he's been playing a solid game, I just hope he doesn't steal the victory away from the Ninjas! Overall he's proven to be scrappy, adaptable, social, and really well-spoken. He'd be tough to beat in final tribal. 

3. Ghost Coaster - Bagdrea is down to just Jeremy. Jeremy is still a huge threat to win this game, unfortunately the rest of their stable didn't produce enough to give them a chance to challenge for the pool championship.The poor drafting decision when they selected Monica will haunt them for a long time if Jeremy ends up winning this season.

4. Woofully Inadequate - Keith has absolutely no idea what's going on in this game. Not surprising, but maybe a bit disappointing. He is so likable, I just wish he had a little more cunning in him. MoonBee should start planning the next addition to the trophy.


Douche of the Week:

Whoever said "we" the most at the most obnoxious tribal council of the season. I think it was Spencer...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

DoW goes to Abi for the last time!!

Margot said...

I am really proud of this group for getting rid of Abi. I hate it when someone is kept around just to be the person that won't get any votes to win the whole thing. So good for them! I realize that Tasha sold it by saying Abi's a loose cannon, but I think there was also the sense that in this season the final 2 or 3 need to be people who actually played the game and deserve to be ther.

I happen to love Keith. He reminds me of my brother...who really just doesn't get what's going on socially/politically. His decisions about who to take on the reward trip were all about his heart and not his head. If I were playing I'd want to keep him to the end because he's such a great guy and he definitely can't say that he outwitted anyone!

I vote Abi for DoW also. She just kept talking about how much she brings to the table and has absolutely no clue about herself.

I like Ben's prediction. Sounds like a real possibility. So would that mean that the other 4 have to vote for one of themselves...?

This has been a great season! So unpredictable!

Doug said...

Big finale tonight!! I'm crushed at work, so this will be a short one.

I'm glad this hasn't been a run-away season and Spencer has a chance to catch the Ninjas. 40+ points (assuming 2 more jury members) is going to make this tight. I really hope he has an immunity win or two left in him.

If the "zero votes count" prediction comes to life, it could have huge implications for this pool. If Kelly uses it correctly / incorrectly the point swing could win/lose it. Also, if one player uses it to negate 4 votes, and another player uses it to negate 2 votes, did they both use it correctly, and thus get the bonus points? I think they way we have the rule written (plays it correctly to save themselves) would justify both getting the 10 point bonus.

I didn't think anyone was particularly Douchey this episode. Not enough to win my vote this week. I vote for no one.

Good luck Ninjas! You're going to need it. ;)

TheGraveWolf said...

Contrarian Ninja Stack is fighting for the win and also highest overall score for any season! If Spencer can pull this out for MacGyver that would be huge as they would win the season and probably set a new record, breaking their old record, for points scored in a season. I'd like to see someone from CNS win this but I think both Jeremy and Spencer could beat out our remaining players. If Jeremy and Spencer both go to tribal I think Jeremy will take it. I don't know that he played a better strategic game than Spencer but I believe he has stronger social bonds with the jury and a more compelling reason away from the game. New baby on the way. Spencer is young and I think that plays against him even though it shouldn't if you just look at Survivor. This isn't Jeopardy, it's a subjective game and we have seen that play out on many seasons. I don't think any of the finalists will be undeserving of the win (unless it's Keith and I like Keith so I wouldn't care that he's undeserving but Keith has no shot to win). Tasha, Jeremy, Kelley, Spencer and even Kimmi made moves and all have a valid argument (some more than others) for the title.

GnightMoon said...

Moon DoW for insisting on Vytas over Joe, Spencer and Jeremy. This team wouldn't be nearly so inadequate if we had one of them.

I don't view this as a classic season but it could be an unforgettable finish. I am really excited to see how Spencer, Jeremy, Tasha & Wentworth maneuver down the stretch.

Hero of the week goes to Tasha. I absolutely love it when players make votes and moves based on honor and the integrity of the game. What a well-rounded player she is...which is something you could say about her competitors as well. Should be a thrilling finish.